Exercise training and rehabilitation in patients with severe chronic pulmonary hypertension
Chairs: Ekkehard Grünig and Andrew Peacock
Due to the severity of the disease, patients with pulmonary hypertension are in need of a thoroughly monitored rehabilitation program which is supervised by pulmonary hypertension experts.
Training modalities, individual adaptation and the optimal setting for this multidisciplinary treatment have to be carefully planned and adjusted to the different locations. This task force aims to:
- Increase the number of centres who offer a specialized rehabilitation program for pulmonary hypertension in Europe;
- Increase patient access to rehabilitation and exercise training:
- Increase availability and amount of payer funding:
- Enhance knowledge and awareness among patients, healthcare providers and payers;
- Coordinate research activities to investigate the effects of exercise training in PH.